Alan Chin Lee, MD
Cardiovascular Disease, Electrophysiology
Dr. Alan Chin Lee is board certified in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Internal Medicine. He completed his Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship at the University of California San Diego under the guidance of Dr. Gregory Feld. He completed his Cardiovascular Medicine fellowship at the University of Southern California–Los Angeles County Program. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. He obtained his medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Dr. Lee specializes in ablation of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias. He also has expertise in cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) management and performs implants and extractions of pacemakers, defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization devices.
Dr. Lee believes in shared decision making when it comes to management of his patients. He believes that both patients and physicians work together to reach a desired goal.
Outside of work, Dr. Lee enjoys spending time with his family, trying new food and cooking meals together.
Medical School – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Internship – Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Residency – Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Cardiology Fellowship – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Electrophysiology Fellowship – University of California, San Diego, CA
- 1st Place Winner in the Abstract Poster Competition (Clinical Vignettes Category) at the American College of Physicians (ACP) Southern California Region I, II and III Scientific Meeting 10/2014. Lee CC, Zarrini P, Elboudwarej O, Siegel RJ. Rare Valvular Aneurysms Secondary to Infective Endocarditis. Invited to present at the national ACP meeting at Boston, MA on 05/01/2015
- Oral Abstract Presentation at the Boston 2018 Heart Rhythm Society Scientific Sessions Lee CC, Do K, Patel S, Kim YM, Carlson SK, Huntsinger ME, Konecny T, Chang PM, Doshi RN. Coronary Sinus Pacing after Surgical Tricuspid Valve. HRS Boston 05/11/2018.
- Abstract Presentation at Asian Pacific Heart Rhythm Society in Taiwan Lee CC, Patel S, Kita K,Do K, Kim YM, Carlson SK, Huntsinger ME, Schwartz J, Chang PM, Konecny T, Doshi RN. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Entirely Through Coronary Sinus. APHRS Taiwan 10/18/2018.
- Abstract Case Presentation at Asian Pacific Heart Rhythm Society in Taiwan Do K, Kiankhooy A, Lee CC, Chang PM, Doshi RN. Sub-Sternal ICD Lead Placement: A Case Report of Revision of a Subcutaneous ICD Lead to the Sub-Sternal Position. APHRS Taiwan 10/18/2018.
- Abstract Presentation at American College of Cardiology in New Orleans, Louisiana Lee CC, Patel S, Kita K,Do K, Kim YM, Carlson SK, Huntsinger ME, Schwartz J, Chang PM, Konecny T, Doshi RN. Update on Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Entirely Through Coronary Sinus. ACC New Orlean, LA 03/17/2019.
- Chang KW, Chou A, Lee CC, Yeh C, Lai MW, Yeh TS, Chen TC, Liang KH, Yeh CT. Overexpression of κActin Alters Growth Properties of Hepatoma Cells and Predicts Poor Postoperative Prognosis. Anticancer Research, 2011 Jun;31(6):2037-44.
- Lee CC, Czer LSC, Luthringer DJ. Dobutamine-Induced Fever and Isolated Eosinophilic Myocarditis in a 66-Year-Old Male Awaiting Heart Transplantation: A Case Report. Transplantation Proceedings, 2014 Sept;46(7):2464-6.
- Abramowitz Y, Chakravarty T, Jilaihawi H, Kashif M, Zadikany R, Lee CC, Matar G, Cheng W, Makkar RR. Comparison of Outcomes of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in Patients ≥90 Years versus <90 Years. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2015 Oct 1;116(7):1110-5.
- Abramowitz Y, Chakravarty T, Jilaihawi H, Lee CC, Cox J, Sharma RP, Mangat G, Cheng W, Makkar RR. Impact of Preprocedural B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Levels on the Outcomes Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. American Journal of Cardiology. 2015 Dec 15;116(12):1904-9.
- Lee CC, Siegel RJ. Sinus of Valsalva Pseudoaneurysm as a Sequela to Infective Endocarditis. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2016 Feb 1;43(1):46-8.
- Kim YM, Do K, Awar L, Lee CC, Kita KY, Raj L, Huntsinger ME, Schwartz JA, Konecny T, Doshi RN. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy for Left Ventricular Dysfunction Via a Remnant Persistent Left SVC After Accessory Pathway Ablation. EP Lab Digest. 2018 Feb 20: 18(3):26-28.
- Arsanjani R, Flint N, Beigel R, Khachatryan T, Shalev A, Shturman A, Lee C, Rader F, Berman DS, Heo R, Siegel RJ. Comparison of Accuracy of Left Atrial Area and Volume by Two-dimensional Trans-thoracic Echocardiography Versus Computed Tomography. American Journal of Cardiology. 2019 Apr 1;123(7):1180-1184.
- Do K, Lee C, Kiankhooy A, Chang P, Doshi R. Case Report: Substernal Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators Lead Placement for The Management of Inappropriate Shocks. Heart Rhythm Case Reports 2019 Aug; 5:407–410.
- Lee CC, Do K, Patel S, Carlson SK, Konecny T, Chang P, Doshi R. Single- and Dual-site Ventricular Pacing Entirely Through the Coronary Sinus for Patients with Prior Tricuspid Valve Disease. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2019 Aug 20.