James J. Del Giorno, M.D., FACC
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular
Dr. James J. DelGiorno is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Medicine and Internal Medicine. He completed his Fellowship in General Cardiology and Residency in Internal Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine after earning his Doctorate of Medicine from Pennsylvania State University. He is a member of the American College of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute Cardiac Society, and American Medical Association.
Medical School - Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
Residency - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2001: AVALON Trial – “A Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Open-Label Evaluation Of The Safety And Efficacy Of Dual Therapy With Atorvastatin Plus Amlodipine When Compared To Either Therapy Alone In The Treatment of Patients With Simultaneous Hyperlipidemia And Hypertension”.
- 2000: SPORTIF V – An Efficacy and Safety Study of the Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor H 376/95 Compared with Dose-Adjusted Warfarin (Coumadin®) in the Prevention of Stroke and Systemic Embolic Events in patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Sub-Investigator.
- 1999: GUSTO IV AMI Trial – A Phase III Randomized, Open-Label Trial Evaluating The Efficacy And Safety Of ReoPro7 (Abciximab) In Combination With Reduced Dose Retavase7/RapilysinJ (Recombinant Plasminogen Activator, Reteplase, r-PA) For The Treatment Of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Sub-Investigator.
- 1999: VALIANT Trial – Valsartan In Acute Myocardial Infarction Trial. A multinational, double-blind, randomized, active controlled, parallel group study comparing the efficacy and safety of long-term treatment with valsartan, captopril and their combination in high risk patients after myocardial infarction. Sponsored by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Sub-Investigator.
- 1995: Prognostic Significance of Dobutamine Stress echocardiogram.
- 1994: Utility of Stress Thallium After 12 Minutes of Exercise in the Setting of a Normal EKG.
- 1992: Effect of Lipoprotein(a) on Reperfusion After Thrombolytic Therapy.
- 1992: Relationship of Lipoprotein(a) to Restenosis.