When you have varicose veins, you may deal with both discomfort and embarrassment. Because these veins are easily visible to others, they can be a serious cosmetic concern. They can also cause pain, tingling, cramping, swelling and other symptoms in your legs that can reduce your quality of life. Fortunately, effective treatment for this condition is available. For many patients, one of the best possible treatments is the Venefit procedure.
The Venefit procedure is a treatment designed specifically for people with varicose veins. It works by introducing radiofrequency energy into the affected veins, which destroys their lining. Once the lining has been destroyed, the vein seals off, and blood is redirected to healthier vessels.
What to Expect
During the Venefit procedure, your doctor will begin by numbing the treatment area with local anesthesia. Next, the surgeon will locate with vein using ultrasound imaging. Once the vein is visualized, the surgeon delivers radiofrequency energy into the vein using a thin catheter. Finally, the surgeon will use ultrasound imaging to verify that the vein has closed completely.
Benefits of the Venefit Procedure
The Venefit procedure provides a number of unique benefits. Some of the most notable benefits of Venefit include:
- No general anesthesia. – The Venefit procedure can be completed under only local anesthesia in less than half an hour.
- Short recovery time. – After this short procedure, you will be able to return to your normal activities within one day.
- Complete elimination of symptoms. – After the procedure is complete, your vein will close and shrink. This will eliminate all of the associated symptoms.
- Less invasive that other options. – Before Venefit, doctors often used vein stripping to remove larger varicose veins. The Venefit procedure is much less invasive and painful.
- Blood is redirected. – With this procedure, all of the blood entering the abnormal vein will be rerouted to healthier vessels.
If you would like to learn more about this procedure, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact the Tri City Cardiology today.