Ephraim Weiss, MD
Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, nuclear cardiology
Dr. Ephraim Weiss is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Vascular Imaging and Intervention, and Internal Medicine. He completed his Fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional cardiology at New York University, Langone Medical Center and his Internal Medicine Residency at Yale University, New Haven. Dr. Weiss earned his Doctorate of Medicine from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He received his undergraduate degree from Yeshiva University in New York City.
Dr. Weiss specializes in the management and treatment of coronary artery disease and acute heart attacks using minimally invasive catheter-based techniques via the radial artery approach. He also specializes in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease using treatments such as atherectomy, drug coated balloon angioplasty, and stenting to the renal, carotid and lower extremity arteries. Dr. Weiss believes in shared decision making and strong communication between himself, his patients and their family members.
Medical School - Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Residency - Yale University, New Haven, CT
Fellowship - New York University, NY
- Dean’s List Yeshiva University 2003 – 2006
- Joan Kornblum Memorial Honor for Excellence in Internal Medicine 2011
Major Research Interests
- Reducing Length of Stay in Patients with CAD
- Glycemic Control and Coronary Revascularization
- F. HIV and advanced atherosclerosis
- F. Ujueta. E. Weiss, S. Sedlis, B. Shah.; Glycemic Control and Coronary Revascularization: Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 2016 Feb; 18(2):12
- Ujueta. E. Weiss, B. Shah, S. Sedlis. Effect of PCI on Long- term Survival in Patients with Stable Ischemic Heart Disease Curr Cardiol Rep 2017 19:17
- Weiss E, Dwivedi A, Vainrib AF, Yuriditsky E, Benenstein RJ, Williams M, Saric M. Enterococcus faecalis infective endocarditis followingpercutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair: A report of 2 cases. Submitted and accepted to Structural Heart
- A. Ershadi, E. Weiss. E Verduzco, D. Chia. Emerging Pathogen: A Case and Review of Raoultella Planticola: Infection 2014 Dec;42(6):1043-6.