Kai Sung, M.D., FACC, FHRS
Cardiovascular Disease, Electrophysiology
Dr. Kai Sung is Board Certified in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Internal Medicine. He completed his Cardiovascular Disease fellowship and Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship at Brown University/ Rhode Island Hospital, under the guidance of Dr. Alfred E. Buxton, a world renowned arrhythmia specialist. Dr. Sung completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and earned his Doctorate of Medicine from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where he graduated with Highest Distinction and Honors. Dr Sung has delivered extensive lectures and presentations, both nationally and internationally, including major hospital systems and academic centers in the east and west coasts, at the Heart Rhythm Society, and in Australia & Asia.
Expertise includes ablation of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and ventricular tachycardia (VT), as well as the implantation of permanent pacemakers, defibrillators, and biventricular resynchronization heart failure devices.
Medical School - Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, New York, NY
Internship - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Residency - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Fellowship - Brown University, Providence, RI
- Phoenix magazine’s “Top Docs” in Cardiology in 2015.
- Press Ganey, a renowned research firm, ranks Dr. Sung in the top 10th percentile in the country among physicians whose patients would recommend his practice to friends and family.
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society.
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Dr Sung is currently involved in multiple clinical research trials involving arrhythmic devices and procedures.